Winter has finally descended upon Dubai and the Sheikhdom is leaving no stones un-turned to make the most of the pleasant chill. WAFI, is all set to welcome Christmas with its sparkling famous grotto and the biggest ever Christmas tree, this festive season. Santa gave a big Ho! Ho!, and kick started the month of festivities by lighting up the tree in glorious decors on December 1st.
The WAFI Mall was bustling and buzzing with excitement as Santa’s famous Grotto came to life along with a host of exhilarating festive celebrations. Reindeers, adorable forest creatures, elfs and more braved the chill to set up a sparkling Christmas at Wafi along with Santa.Wafi echoed with laughter and pitter patter of young kids queuing up to meet Santa, listen to the carols and enjoy a host of fun activities and performances taking place around the majestically decorated gigantic Christmas Tree. To add to all this the one and only Kris Fade led his voice as emcee to set the sparks flying and even posed graciously with the visitors clamoring for pictures. In the spirit of the season, visitors have a chance of winning fabulous prizes, including
- A family trip to Germany courtesy Lufthansa Airlines
- Along with this visitors will also be given an exceptional package deal where AED 60 gets them a pass to the Kids Connection Play Area, a framed photo with Santa, and a cuddly Gonk toy.
- Other special attractions include entertaining games like Spin & Win wheel that gives out a bonanza of prizes and the popular WAFI Mini Bazaar choc-a-bloc brimming with seasonal gifts and treats.
“WAFI Mall prides itself on bringing experiences to vibrant life for its guests. This festive season, we’re pulling out all the stops to create an authentic family experience full of seasonal cheer, presents, goodwill and treats. It’ll be warm and cosy, as the season should be, while also delivering fantastic entertainment for the whole family. We’re very much looking forward to welcoming our guests this festive season,” said WAFI MALL’s Head of Central Marketing Department, Layla Al Harmoudi.
The Mall’s Festive Light and Sound show provides seasonal flair and festivities every day from December 1st 2015 to January 6th 2016.
Timing details for WAFI events:
- Opening night – December 1st where Santa lights up the Christmas tree (6.30pm – 10.00pm)
- 2nd – 17th December: (10am – 10pm and 11 pm on Fridays)
- 18th – 24th December: 8.30am– 11pm
After our encounter with Santa and the sparkling Christmas festivities Buzzingtales had a scrumptious experience at Seville’s, the Spanish restaurant and Tapas bar at Wafi. The vibrant yet soothing ambience mesmerized us and we were completely floored by the tapas, great al-fresco dining, and an abundant selection of regional specialty dishes.