LuLu offered Buzzingtales the rare opportunity to have an inside look at the immensely successful retail enterprise. It is a name synonymous with shopping for household retail stuff and grocery. Thanks to the gracious, efficient and warm LuLu team headed by Digital Marketing Manager Ginil George, members of the media got a chance to witness and appreciate the care and conscientious work that is behind this gigantic enterprise.
LuLu offers an ultra-modern shopping ambiance by integrating all conceivable needs of the consumers under one roof. Firmly following the tagline “LuLu, where the world comes to shop”, the Group has always tried to be a one stop shop for the multi-ethnic community of the region with an international mix of products as well as the staff of different nationalities. The 700,000+ shoppers who patronize this hypermarket daily are the true testament to the popularity of the LuLu brand.
Products are sourced from 21 countries including UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa & Brazil, apart from local sources.
LuLu Central Logistics is a fully integrated logistics and warehouse management unit of LuLu. In UAE, LCL has more than 2.4 million sq. feet warehouse space to serve the needs of UAE residents.
Fun facts about LCL (DIP) unit :
- 24 hour & 7 days a week operation.
- The whole Logistics chain is integrated & paperless – receiving, storing reorder from store, picking & loading, dispatch to store, receiving at the store.
- 1st in the Middle East to start “voice picking”
- 200+ trailer trucks deliver goods into LCL (DIP) each day.
- 12 containers of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables are received each day.
- 8000+ different skus are delivered each day into LCL (DIP)
- 45,000 skus are stocked at any given point in time
- 350 truck-trips each day between the LCL (DIP) & stores in UAE
- Each day, about 15,000 skus are sent to the stores
- All LCL trucks are temperature controlled and fitted with GPS to enable quick, safe transport to the stores
- The LCL (DIP) also has food repacking and central kitchen for UAE
- 7 tons of rice is sent to the stores each day
- 3 tons of pulse is sent to the stores each day
- 5 tons assorted sweets produced and sent to stores each day
- 400 varieties of items are made in the central kitchen
- 100 chefs from 8 countries to cater to the needs of LuLu’s diverse customers
- Free from cookies, sweets also made here.
Did you know Lulu has an online shopping option?
In February 2017 Deloitte in Annual Global Retailers Report has ranked LuLu Group as
the top retailer in the Middle East and 27th among the top 50 fastest growing retailers in
the world. Currently, LuLu Group is operating 136 stores across UAE, Saudi Arabia,
Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Egypt, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia, with more new
stores coming up.